APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT – Click HERE to download a Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks & Recreation Employment Application. This application will need to be filled out completely to include what position you are interested in. You can mail, hand-deliver or email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) the application to our M-BC Parks & Recreation Administrative Office at the Berkeley 2000 Recreation Center.
FULL-TIME AFO (or CPO) / MAINTENANCE POSITION | The Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks & Recreation is looking for an energetic, motivated and experienced individual for the position of Full-Time AFO (or CPO)/Maintenance to oversee our two community pools as well as perform maintenance duties in and around our park system.
A high school diploma or GED required. Certification as an Aquatics Facilities Operator or Certified Pool Operator is mandatory. The candidate must be flexible as hours will occasionally vary depending on season and workload. Hourly wage is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits included.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- First of April through mid-September, will perform duties to fully prepare both Lambert and War Memorial Pools for summer season (to include: cleaning, schedule/oversee inspections of needed repairs and/or State/County/City required inspections, etc.).
- At the end of the pool season (Labor Day weekend), will perform duties to properly winterize and close the pool and related bath houses at both parks.
- Coordinate all pool activities and private rentals (with front office and swim team) to ensure optimum pool usage.
- Assist in hiring, training and scheduling qualified lifeguards, pool managers and other pool staff; directly appoints and supervises pool managers and staff.
- Ensures that all pool staff certifications are current at the start of each season.
- Handles filtration system and other aquatic operating systems.
- Maintains proper pool chemical balance.
- Provide Office Manager with needed items for pool staff (i.e. umbrellas, rescue tubes, swim bubbles, whistles; non-equipment, non-chemical items).
- Remainder of the year duties will be solely maintenance tasks throughout the M-BC park system, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Print and complete an application from the About Us tab here on our website (mbcparks-rec.org) under ‘Employment Opportunities’ or in our Administrative Office. Send applications with references as well as proof of certifications to: Executive Director, Re: AFO-CPO/Maintenance Position, M-BC Parks & Recreation, 273 Woodbury Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25404. Phone: 304-264-4842. DEADLINE: Monday, June 19, 2017
SUMMER DAY CAMP COUNSELORS | M-BC P&R is seeking a cause-driven leader who desires to make a major impact in the community to join our team as a Day Camp Counselor, at our following locations: W. Randy Smith Center, Inwood, WV and the Berkeley 2000 Recreation Center, Martinsburg, WV. This is a seasonal part-time/full-time position with hours that may vary. Camp begins in June and runs until August.
• Assist the day camp director in supervising and leading groups of children, ages 6-13, in camp activities.
• Helping with set-up and clean-up of activities, establishing curriculum, and participation in all activities as well as the overall supervision of campers
• Assist in the planning and preparation of activities, supervision of children, making sure all campers are signed in and out daily, participation in all camp activities; including swimming, sports, games, arts & crafts and field trip activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned. Direction is received from the Day Camp Director and/or Recreation Coordinator of the M-BC P&R.
Requirements: Individuals must be 18 years old (that have completed at least one year of college-with the field of study focused on Education) or have prior camp counselor experience) or older to be camp counselors. First aid/CPR certifications are recommended. To Apply: Print and complete an application from the About Us tab on our website (mbcparks-rec.org) under ‘Employment Opportunities’ and include a resume and copies of any First Aid/CPR certifications. You can mail or hand-deliver your application/resume to our M-BC Parks & Recreation Administrative Office at 273 Woodbury Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25404 or email to email@example.com. Deadline to apply: May 1, 2017
SWIM INSTRUCTORS & AIDES | The Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks and Recreation is currently hiring qualified swim instructors and aides for our summer swim lesson program. Have fun teaching swimming and water safety to children of all ages! Applicants must be at least 15 years old WITH a valid Lifeguard or Water Safety Instruction certification. Previous swim lesson instruction preferred.
Job responsibilities and expectations include, but not limited to:
• The main focus of a swim instructor is to teach swimming skills in accordance to M-BC P&R curriculum in a fun, positive manor.
• Provide continuous, positive corrective feedback to students and parents on their swimming efforts.
• Structure class time appropriately to incorporate repetition, reinforcement, and introduction of required skills.
• Ensure swimmer safety.
• Maintain proper equipment and time organization to ensure timely class start times.
• Hours: 3-30 hours per week
• Must be available to work mornings and/or evenings.
A more detailed job description is available in our Administrative Office at 273 Woodbury Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25404. Interested parties should mail or hand-deliver a completed application and a resume, along with copies of your Lifeguard and/or Water Safety certification to our Administrative Office at the address above.
CHILDREN’S GARDEN ATTENDANT | The Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks and Recreation is currently looking to hire individuals for part-time work in our Gateway Children’s Garden during the spring-fall 2017 season (mid-May through mid-August). Job responsibilities and expectations include, but not limited to:
• Comfortable working with children and parents
• Be self-motivated
• Have an interest in outdoor education
• Assist with garden tours, demonstrations, and activities
• Must be available to work mornings, evenings, and/or Saturdays
• Salary depends on experience; up to 14 hours per week
A more detailed job description is available in our Administrative Office at 273 Woodbury Avenue, Martinsburg, WV 25404. Interested parties should mail or hand-deliver a completed application and a resume to our Administrative Office at the address above or to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYEES/NEW HIRES: Please use the SecureVolunteer link below to complete the background check and only if you have been instructed to do so.
**Please use Internet Explorer browser to complete the SecureVolunteer process.
***If you encounter any problems or have questions that would be better addressed (technical issues, etc.) by the BIB staff, please email them at email@example.com.