W. RANDY SMITH RECREATION CENTER
::: 40 Excellence Way, Inwood, WV 25428 ::: 304.229.0022 :::
Administrative Office hours: Monday-Friday, 2:00pm-5:00pm
(If you would like to speak with someone before this facility opens, please contact the Administrative Office at the Berkeley 2000 Recreation Center at Lambert Park.)
This 18,200 sq. foot facility opened in October 2013 and is Berkeley County’s second indoor recreation center. It includes:
- 14,000 sq. foot gymnasium (houses two regulation basketball/volleyball courts, bleacher seating, and a quality sound system)
- Support area that includes the lobby, reception area, offices, concessions, restrooms and storage.
- Facility is used for league & program participation, various special events and activities, and private rentals.
***WINTER BASKETBALL LEAGUE INCLEMENT WEATHER LOG-IN, CLICK HERE
SPECIAL PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
- MARCH – NOVEMBER: Every Friday evening from 5:30PM-7:30PM we will be offering an open gym time for children with special needs at the W. Randy Smith Recreation Center. This program is free and open to children ages 5-17. During this time, children will have the chance to participate in recreational activities such as basketball, wiffle ball, soccer and other various indoor activities. All participants are required to have a parent/caregiver with them at all times. A registration form and sign-in/out will be required at the time of the program.
- PICKLEBALL (YEAR-ROUND) - A combination of tennis and badminton, Pickleball is gaining popularity all over the country. No registration is needed and the cost is $2 per session. Please call the office for days and hours.
DIRECTIONS ::: Take I-81 to Exit 5 / Inwood; Turn onto Route 51 E (take a left off of ramp if coming from I-81 S and a right if coming from I-81 N) to Winchester Avenue/Route 11; Turn Right onto Winchester Avenue/Route 11 S and go approximately a half mile to the light at the intersection of Excellence Way & Winchester Avenue/Route 11; Take a left at that intersection and the W. Randy Smith Center is immediately on your right. (This facility is located beside and on the grounds of Musselman High School).