W. RANDY SMITH RECREATION CENTER ::: 40 Excellence Way, Inwood, WV 25428 ::: 304.229.0022 ::: Administrative Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
This 18,200 sq. foot facility opened in October 2013 and is Berkeley County’s second indoor recreation center. It includes:
- 14,000 sq. foot gymnasium (houses two regulation basketball/volleyball courts, bleacher seating, and a quality sound system)
- Support area that includes the lobby, reception area, offices, concessions, restrooms and storage.
- Facility is used for league & program participation, various special events and activities, and private rentals.
DIRECTIONS ::: Take I-81 to Exit 5 / Inwood; Turn onto Route 51 E (take a left off of ramp if coming from I-81 S and a right if coming from I-81 N) to Winchester Avenue/Route 11; Turn Right onto Winchester Avenue/Route 11 S and go approximately a half mile to the light at the intersection of Excellence Way & Winchester Avenue/Route 11; Take a left at that intersection and the W. Randy Smith Center is immediately on your right. (This facility is located beside and on the grounds of Musselman High School).
- Starting June 20, 2014 ::: Every Friday evening from 5:30PM-7:30PM we will be offering an open gym time for children with special needs at the W. Randy Smith Recreation Center. This program is free and open to children ages 5-17. During this time, children will have the chance to participate in recreational activities such as basketball, wiffle ball, soccer and other various indoor activities. All participants are required to have a parent/caregiver with them at all times. A registration form and sign-in/out will be required at the time of the program.
- STRETCH & FLEX (FOR BEGINNERS & UP) – This class is for any level of fitness emphasizing proper positioning, muscle isolation, contraction, and stretch. The focus is on preventing or remedying those problems through a workout concentrating on flexibility, posture, and core strength. // Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 8:30a.m.-9:15a.m. // $25 per month // Equipment needed: Please bring a floor mat (yoga mat) and light hand weights (no more than 2 pounds per weight) // Class size: 15 per class. You can download and bring in the STRETCH AND FLEX registration form or click the ‘REGISTER HERE’ button on the left to register online.
- PICKLEBALL (YEAR-ROUND) - A combination of tennis and badminton, Pickleball is gaining popularity all over the country. No registration is needed and the cost is $2 per session. Wednesdays, 5PM-7PM