W. RANDY SMITH RECREATION CENTER
::: 40 Excellence Way, Inwood, WV 25428 ::: 304.229.0022 :::
Administrative Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
This 18,200 sq. foot facility opened in October 2013 and is Berkeley County’s second indoor recreation center. It includes:
- 14,000 sq. foot gymnasium (houses two regulation basketball/volleyball courts, bleacher seating, and a quality sound system)
- Support area that includes the lobby, reception area, offices, concessions, restrooms and storage.
- Facility is used for league & program participation, various special events and activities, and private rentals.
- Every Friday evening from 5:30PM-7:30PM we will be offering an open gym time for children with special needs at the W. Randy Smith Recreation Center. This program is free and open to children ages 5-17. During this time, children will have the chance to participate in recreational activities such as basketball, wiffle ball, soccer and other various indoor activities. All participants are required to have a parent/caregiver with them at all times. A registration form and sign-in/out will be required at the time of the program. The 2nd Friday of each month during the months November-March activities will be held from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL DANCES- 2nd Friday of each month ~ November-March Doors Open for Admission @ 6:30 p.m. Time: 7-10 p.m. Fee: $7.00 per student ~ Berkeley County 6th-8th grade ONLY. PARENT/GUARDIANS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN THEIR CHILD(REN) IN. NO DROP-OFFS.
- PICKLEBALL (YEAR-ROUND) - A combination of tennis and badminton, Pickleball is gaining popularity all over the country. No registration is needed and the cost is $2 per session. Wednesdays, 5PM-7PM
DIRECTIONS ::: Take I-81 to Exit 5 / Inwood; Turn onto Route 51 E (take a left off of ramp if coming from I-81 S and a right if coming from I-81 N) to Winchester Avenue/Route 11; Turn Right onto Winchester Avenue/Route 11 S and go approximately a half mile to the light at the intersection of Excellence Way & Winchester Avenue/Route 11; Take a left at that intersection and the W. Randy Smith Center is immediately on your right. (This facility is located beside and on the grounds of Musselman High School).